Garage fire safety tips
- Store oil, gasoline, paints, propane and varnishes in a shed away from your home.
- Keep items that can burn on shelves away from appliances.
- Plug only one charging appliance into an outlet.
- Don’t use an extension cord when charging an appliance.
- A 20-minute fire-rated door that is self-closing and self-latching from the garage into the house.
- A ceiling made with ?-inch Type X gypsum board (or the equivalent) if you have living space above the garage.
- A wall with ½-inch gypsum board (or the equivalent) if the wall attaches the garage to your home.
- An attic hatch cover if you have attic access from the garage.
- A heat alarm — not a smoke alarm — in your garage. The heat alarm will sound if the temperature rises too high.
for more info visit beaheroesaveahero.org